The College Search 2: NDSU v. ISU

My "serious" college search is starting off relatively well.  After several e-mails back and forth with a broadcast journalism program director at NDSU, I have a tentative campus visit set for Friday, November 14th, which will include a full campus tour, admissions appointment, and a look at the Bison Information Network studio, which is again, where I would hope to get on at some point during my four years there.  I also plan to visit one of the Walmarts to get a hint of the area atmosphere, as I plan to continue with Walmart through college to attempt to keep up with fees for the dorms such as cable and wifi if I have to pay for them as well as slowly starting to work off what will be a huge debt from tutition fees. Man I hope these guys offer up scholarships to MN kids.

ISU on the other hand, has not responded to any of my e-mails.  I'm starting to think they want me there on one of their campus visit days, which are Mondays coming up in November, and Monday is literally the worst day to miss school where I go to school.  However, this might be my only option.  For those of you who read this blog in Iowa and might be able to put me up for a few days if I did get a visit set, it'd be greatly appreciated.  I can bring my own bedding, and I'm happily willing to help out with whatever you may need throughout the duration of my stay.

On Friday my CEP American History class had a college discussion, where we talk about where we're planning on going to college.  When I announced that I currently will be attending either of these two colleges, a firestorm erupted as my classmates began to tell me that Iowa sucks.  In fact, this has been the general opinion with my friends in the ND v. IA battle.

Some say their opinions have formed because of sports, and that's the least of my worries.  Yes, the Bison absolutely destroyed the Cyclones in the opening game of the NCAA Football Season, but I could care less about whenever I end up as an announcer for either team if I get that lucky. The Cyclones are currently 2-5 this year, while the Bison are undefeated so I can see where those opinions are formed.

I have absolutely nothing against Iowa.  Several of my friends come from Iowa (The Wanningers, Longs, Owensbys & Messerlys) as well as several of my favorite Bible Speakers (George Farber and Keith Leverentz).  I think I'd be just fine living in Iowa, except maybe to keep my sanity I'd try and live on the outskirts of a densely populated city so I didn't have to be surrounded by corn every day.

Once campus visits are completed (assuming anyone at ISU responds), and I've checked out other schools in the near vicinity of my house (Up to 12 hours away), I'll be able to make a final decision and start filling out registration papers to see If I get accepted.  Then it's time for scholarships. But I'm thinking WAY too far ahead of myself here aren't I?

Author's Note: I apologize to any of my ND and/or IA friends who find themselves offended after reading this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?