I just finished two straight weeks of camp counseling. There was another one before the two but I was home over the 4th of July week so I had a break. There are many things you can learn from counseling, and I've listed out below some of the main things I learned this year. Giving a devotional is not so hard if you prepare beforehand It's usually a bad sign when dogs reek of compost Don't change yourself for other people. Live proudly. It's best to practice telling your personal testimony on your own before sharing it with an audience. I can swim a kayak back to camp from a thousand yards away Always untangle the ropes of the flagpole before flag raising Know more things about nature before leading a "nature walk" Jr. High age campers need close guarding My announcing skills can be put to use in more places besides on the job and at school. A guy can make girls cry through poetry. Goodbyes can be both happy and sad. I met a lot of new peop...
I heavily rely on social media to get through my day. Assuming I'm not late to get somewhere, the first thing I do each morning is respond to messages and Snapchats over my breakfast. Later on in the day, I'm writing posts to promote my radio shows and sharing around my latest blog posts. Finally at the end of the day, I might throw a picture up on Instagram and make sure my snap streaks aren't dying before I drift off to sleep. My phone never leaves my side, and my social media accounts are always logged in and generating notifications. After reading that, some might think I'm online too much. My answer to that is "Absolutely". I have so many people that I talk to for various reasons from back home or here in town that I'm on the phone a lot, especially when they're snapping or texting back and forth constantly. Plus doing things like writing blog posts and browsing good old Reddit takes up time as well. And then there's musi...
Overt the last month, the Ebola virus has surged to become a thing Americans worry about every day. It's on the news, it's parodied on SNL, and it's always brought up in jokes by teenagers and college students. It's been known until now that Ebola is contagious and can be caught by anyone who's around an infected patient. Hazmat suits seem to be the norm when dealing with Ebola patients as well as gloves. But then on Thursday, this image surfaced on the internet...... .......and Americans went ballistic. Who was this man not wearing a hazmat suit and carrying a clipboard walking so close to an Ebola infected patient? Wouldn't he be infected with the disease too? And then probably the biggest question of all: Is the American media lying to us about Ebola? Now, the media has been known to lie to us before. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and countless others constantly fabricate the news stories to get their opinions out to viewers, especially...
Comments
Post a Comment