Prom 2015: An Ongoing Saga

Since the last time I talked about prom last month, ideas have started to swell in my class from the simple to the wildly absurd that will never happen.  Here are some of them for you to agree or disagree with in the comments


  1. Fire and Ice: Pretty self-explanatory 
  2. African Jungle: As described by one of my classmates "We fry up the chicken and serve the pink lemonade and watermelon.  It's basically like a barbecue!"
  3. The $500 Prom (my idea): Have someone's parents cook the food, take pictures outside with a poorer quality camera, and dance the night away to someone's boombox.  Also use paper and plastic so it's disposable at the end of the night.
  4. Masquerade: Mask your true identity from everyone besides your date and have no regrets by the end of the night right? Well when you're built like me.... WRONG!
  5. The "Acid" Prom: This one comes from my friend Issac, or as we like to call him, Pablo. "All but one of us would take a dose of acid, and then we'd make our own theme.  The one guy would film the whole thing." Yes I know this isn't all that funny, but it was an idea. 
  6. 1920's: Inspired by F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel The Great Gatsby I wouldn't mind partying it up like Gatsby did for a night. 
These are all wonderful ideas, and it will be interesting to see which one ends up becoming final.  

As for my date, that's not cemented in place at all yet.  I just hope that whoever I go with isn't a stick-in-the-mud who likes to hide in the corner, because that really makes the night a bummer.

What are your ideas for your school's prom this year? Sound off in the comments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?