The College Search 3: NDSU Visit

So yesterday was my campus visit to North Dakota State University.  We got a campus tour, a chance to sit down with a admissions counselor and a former communications student, and we toured the Bison Information Network.  Needless to say it was so exciting, intriguing, and busy that I completely forgot to take any pictures.  Oh well!

NDSU has a very welcoming campus where students are pretty much allowed to function on their own in a little community type deal.  As a matter of fact it has it's own postal zipcode, so you could technically live in NDSU, ND if you went to college here.  A pile of rocks also claims to be the highest point of elevation in Fargo, so when the floods come, you'll know where to go before you keep panicking. But anyways.. back to the independent living situation.  College students have many ways to fend for themselves, including paying jobs, dining facilities that you get a free pass to if you pay for it with your admission, dorms that are both single gender and co-ed and it's your choice where you live if you put down the housing bid fast enough, and a Student Union that's like a ginormous carpeted shopping mall with a large food court down in the basement.  Sounds like a lot of fun right?

Now of course nothing is final yet as I still have about 18 months until I graduate, but it was very nice to get a chance to see one of the current top picks for myself in terms of atmosphere and buildings. Now it's off to ISU I hope someday soon here to get an idea of the other campus.

Updates for those who want them
  • The Veterans Day Program went well.  A teacher asked my mother if I had written a speech I gave towards the end of the program myself, when it was actually words said by Ronald Reagan in the 1980's.  I guess according to my friend DJ public speaking comes easily to me as well. 
  • Basketball started this week.  Although I have yet to attend a full practice because of work it looks like it's going to be a pretty interesting season.
  • I get to work Black Friday for the first time this year because I work at Walmart.  I'm hoping the schedule comes out soon so I can see when I'll be working. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?