SBL 2014 Through Pictures




I'm still trying to make up for all the weeks of blog posts I missed, and I figured this could be one. So, enjoy the pictures and commentary as I reminiscence about my 4 weeks total at camp this Summer.  There will be some more pictures popping up in the future once they come into my e-mail inbox.
The Green Gables was my home for a week this year, and it was probably the best cabin I had this year as a counselor.  4/5 kids knew each other, so that might've helped too as they welcomed the odd man out in with open arms, which I didn't expect at all.
                                                                                                                
The guy that's in both pictures is a counselor who always loves to have fun at camp.  To do this, he dresses up like in the pics, holds competitions such as the "He-Man Swim", and play pranks on other campers/counselors.  I was one of the campers in his cabin the week that the bottom picture was taken, and it was a blast! 

One of the weeks saw the jerks leaders organizing a skit about when the campgrounds were colonized by Indians around the time of The Battle of Tippecanoe.  I would've loved to be a part of this, but I was never asked :(. Oh well, maybe next year. 

My dad's old truck was washed by the "car-washing class" the last week I staffed.  It used to have a bunch of orange and yellowish rust where the dent in the side is, and that's now gone.  Thanks much to the guys who did it, for they did a wonderful job!

Us counselors found a book full of love poems in the Lodge where we have our morning meetings.  This counselor really enjoyed reading them out loud and trying to woo girls' hearts with them.  Then I tried reading them, and found out my voice is not suited for these things.

Another strange day of jerks. We ran to the softball field and then were sent across the driveway to the soccer and frisbee fields for free pop and candy.

Our captain's last name was Stoner, so we appropriately nicknamed the team "Stoner and Company". For our first team picture, we tried to make a human pyramid, and we failed horrendously. Oh well, it was worth the try, and we wound up with easily one of the funniest pictures taken that week.

I love writing things with the magnets on this door. 

This is my friend Alan, who was born in Argentina.  He styled my hair for dress-up night at one camp.....

And took this picture of me with one of my counseling friends at another!

This was the first time since 2010 that my sister and I went to the same camp as campers.  She helped me snap a lot of pictures on fancy dress night.  Then we got this picture together, except my eyes were closed. 

And lastly, a picture with one of my counseling friends that was here every week I staffed last year, but only popped up one week this year, which was sad because we would always find the most ridiculous things to laugh at as the week went on. Oh well, maybe next year. 

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and see you next time! 


Comments

  1. Loved seeing these Rollie! They're great. I miss camp.
    Did I tell you one of my campers at 1st junior was convinced that James C was a vampire since he was so pale? XD We had good laughs at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! And no you didn't. James does look like a vampire. I'm sad that I didn't get to staff alongside him this year. Maybe we'll be co-senior counselors in a year or two haha. That cabin would be awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?