My Favorite Songs

I have had the nickname DJ Rollie D for about two years now.  It all started when two of my classmates began saying it.  I wasn't for it at first, but then it stuck, and it's being used whenever I close out a football game or Free Range Sports broadcast, as my Twitter You Tube and Instagram usernames, my blog name, and some other stuff.  Little kids get addicted to it very easily as well for some reason.  Will it wear off some day?  My guess is probably, but then again, you never know :)

Now that you have the backstory on the name, on to today's post.  This post is my 100th post, and I am very excited to have been on Blogger long enough to write a 100th post.  I hope to keep writing hundreds more of these for you guys to enjoy and comment on.  I figured this post should be some type of top 100 list, and since I'm so into music, I thought that listing off my 100 favorite songs would be awesome.  I'm always asked what my favorite song is, and I don't really have a favorite because so many sound so wonderful!  Some of the songs also include a backstory on how they came to be my favorite and what was happening when I first heard the song.  Happy Reading!


  1. Aerosmith: I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
  2. Kenny Chesney: El Cerrito Place
  3. Toby Keith feat. Willie Nelson: Beer For My Horses- This song is about as "MURICA!" as one could get, but I love the American spirit that Toby Keith manages to capture with all of his patriotic songs, and I hope he keeps putting out more. 
  4. The Rolling Stones: She's A Rainbow
  5. The Beatles: Here Comes The Sun
  6. Semisonic: Closing Time- This song wasn't that great to me at first.  Then as I kept playing it at DJ gigs and eventually downloaded it on my phone, I got hooked and once I learned the message of the song, I got even more hooked.  Get those air guitars ready and enjoy the tune! 
  7. George Strait: River of Love
  8. Jerrod Niemann: Shining On Me
  9. Kevin Fowler: #?*!- This title is basically meant to be a censored swear word.  When my mother sister and I first heard this on the radio we had a good laugh with it, then eventually the radio quit playing it and I couldn't find it for a while :(.  I was recently able to re-download it and I've been listening to it ever since. 
  10. Walk The Moon: Shut Up & Dance
  11. Jason Derulo: Marry Me
  12. Avril Lavinge: Here's To Never Growing Up 
  13. The Plain White T's: Should've Gone To Bed
  14. Toby Keith: Made In America
  15. Billy Joel: Piano Man
  16. Imagine Dragons: On Top of the World- I love Love LOVE this song!  It just gives me the happy vibes every time I turn it on and I imagine a bunch of happy people singing and dancing. Such beautiful backing music too! 
  17. Bryan Adams: Summer of 69 
  18. Coldplay: Paradise
  19. Newsboys: We Believe- This song quite simply states the Christian belief system for all who may be interested. 
  20. A Great Big World: Already Home- The song that comes to mind whenever I miss someone who's far away. 
  21. Rick Springfield: Jessie's Girl
  22. Blake Shelton feat. Trace Adkins: Hillbilly Bone
  23. Lady Gaga: Edge of Glory
  24. Trace Adkins: Ladies Love Country Boys- Back in the day I sang this out loud on the school bus for all to enjoy lol. 
  25. Chris Young: Voices
  26. Taylor Swift: Fearless
  27. Jason Aldean: Tattoos On This Town
  28. Casting Crowns: Thrive
  29. AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long
  30. Brad Paisley: Letter To Me
  31. Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad
  32. Justin Moore: If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away- This was the song I chose to appear on the CD the grief camp I attended made that had the songs the campers chose to remember their passed away family members. 
  33. Christopher Tin: Baba Yetu
  34. Mika: Grace Kelly
  35. Gavin DeGraw: Best I Ever Had
  36. Lee Brice: I Don't Dance- I hope I get the opportunity to have this played as the first dance song at my wedding someday. 
  37. Phil Wickham: Beautiful- One of my favorite Christian songs.  So soft sweet and slow! 
  38. Green Day: Wake Me Up When September Ends
  39. George Strait: The Breath You Take
  40. Kenny Chesney: Don't Blink
  41. Kelly Clarkson: Because of You
  42. Luke Bryan: Apologize 
  43. Carrie Underwood: Blown Away
  44. Matt Maher: All The People Said Amen
  45. Kenny Chesney: Ain't Back Yet
  46. Jason Michael Carroll: Alyssa Lies
  47. Bruno Mars: Just The Way You Are- Quickest way to get to a girl's heart. 
  48. Pitbull feat. Chris Brown: International Love
  49. Matt Redman: 10,000 Reasons
  50. The Black-Eyed Peas: I Gotta Feeling
  51. Oh Hush!: Christmas Vacation
  52. Scissor Sisters: I Don't Feel Like Dancing
  53. Oh Honey: Be Okay
  54. Michael W. Smith: Freedom
  55. Brad Paisley: Southern Comfort Zone- Every once in a while, we have to just get out of the area and take a journey.  Through these journeys we have our eyes opened to new cultures; we taste new foods, meet new people, and do new things.  This song describes Brad Paisley's characters' various adventures outside of Tennessee and I have to say, I would love to be able to go on all of those adventures.  I've even been on several adventures of my own that would be worthy of this song.  Adventures are fun, go on one if you ever get the chance! 
  56. Zac Brown Band: Loving You Easy
  57. The Village People: YMCA 
  58. The Glee Cast: Don't Stop Believing 
  59. Taylor Swift: Shake It Off
  60. Florida Georgia Line: This Is How We Roll
  61. Rascal Flatts: Life Is A Highway
  62. R.E.M: It's The End Of The World As We Know It
  63. Alvin & The Chipmunks: Bad Day
  64. Michael Franti & Spearhead: The Sound of Sunshine
  65. Toby Keith: American Ride
  66. Jason Aldean feat. Kelly Clarkson: Don't You Wanna Stay? 
  67. Zac Brown Band: Toes
  68. Rob Cantor: Old Bike
  69. George Strait: I Got A Car
  70. Nickelback: What Are You Waiting For? 
  71. Eric Church: Springsteen
  72. The Beatles: Hey Jude
  73. Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars: Uptown Funk
  74. The Macarena
  75. Tim McGraw: Felt Good On My Lips
  76. Keith Urban: Put You In A Song
  77. Uncle Kracker: Smile
  78. Katy Perry: The One That Got Away
  79. Fall Out Boy: Uma Thurman
  80. Carrie Underwood: See You Again
  81. Brad Paisley feat. Carrie Underwood: Remind Me
  82. Kenny Chesney: Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven
  83. Miranda Lambert: Automatic- In the changing world we live in, it's nice to sing a song about remembering the old days when people Lambert's age were children. 
  84. Blake Shelton: My Eyes
  85. Train: Bulletproof Picasso
  86. Eric Church: Homeboy
  87. The Cab: Bad
  88. Justin Timberlake: Not A Bad Thing
  89. George Strait: Those Christmas Cookies
  90. Katy Perry: Roar
  91. Brad Paisley: Water
  92. The Enchanted Cast: How Does She Know?
  93. The Spamalot Cast: Monk's Chant/Not Yet Dead
  94. Bowling For Soup: 1985- I first saw this one on a KidzBop video back in 2005, and then about 3 years ago I heard the real version and thought it was awesome! 
  95. Rascal Flatts: Mayberry
  96. Story Book Lodge: Alpha & Omega
  97. A Great Big World feat. Christina Aguileara: Say Something 
  98. Plain White T's: Hey There Deliah
  99. The J.Gellis Band: Centerfold
  100. The Last Goodnight: Pictures of You
These are in no particular order, but they are my favorites.  I hope to do something like this again for post 200, but it won't be a list of 200 things because that's getting long.  

What are your favorite songs?  Sound off in the comments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?