My Favorite Bible Verses

Some of us begin reading the Bible at a very young age.  Some of us start with children's Bibles and don't pick up the actual book until we're older (this describes me).  Others won't touch it until they're adults and feel like they need a change in their ways, as not everyone will believe at a young age.  

No matter which one of the above three descriptions above you might be, I hope you'll enjoy this post.  I'm going to describe some of my favorite Bible verses and include some of the backstory involving me and that verse for a few.  Some verses that you feel are great and have been left out can easily be shared by commenting on the post below.  Happy reading! 

My Favorite Bible Verses 
Genesis 1:1- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. I enjoy this verse because it acts as the start of the story for all who have lived on this Earth.  God has been there forever, never quite having a beginning and he's not going to be ending either.  He will be here forever, and this is just when he decided to create the Earth.  This verse is the beginning of God's plan for us. 

Matthew 11:28- Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. The Father is willing to give us rest if we choose to follow him is how I understand this verse.  It doesn't seem like the most perfect nor smooth translation, but it is how I understand this.  I presented on this verse at Storybook last year and it seemed to go over pretty well. 

Romans 1:16- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.  For the Jew first and also for the Greek. This verse first appeared to me as part of my Counselor's Training last Spring, and it just really stuck out to me.  Nobody should be ashamed to admit that they follow Jesus and/or read the Bible.  It ever so truly is the power of God to salvation for all of us who believe for all the races out there.  I also presented on this verse last Summer at Storybook and it was the weaker of my two devotions, but the point did get across. 

John 3:16- For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life. The simplicity of this verse astounds me.  For some it can be a very hard decision to accept Jesus and the LORD into our lives, while for others it isn't. Either way this verse can definitely provide help when it comes to salvation. This verse helped me understand salvation in 2009 and again provided backing and support in 2011 when I officially accepted Jesus and started down the bumpy road.  I am still not where I desire to be in my spiritual journey, but I feel that if I believe in the LORD and his Son, I truly do have everlasting life. 

Romans 6:23- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our LORD. This verse along with the one above are used as simple songs to try and help kids along in the spiritual teachings and their own spiritual journeys.  It also compliments John 3:16 in that if we are sinful and do not believe, we will spend an eternity underground with fire and brimstone.  But if we do believe and do all for the Glory of God, eternal life awaits. 

Thanks for reading.  I feel that these verses as a whole are very simple to understand.  If I ever become a Bible speaker someday these verses will be part of my lessons in some way shape or form. I'm always up for a theological discussion about the Bible, and we can start that either by going through my email (cyclerrollie@hotmail.com) or by commenting on this post.  Have a great day everyone! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?