A Huge Thank You

This Spring something extraordinary happened when I became a business owner.  I was not expecting this at all, and was surprised when I was offered it in December.  Originally I turned down the offer because I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to my announcing gig after just half a year, but then after about a month of up and down times at school I changed my mind and decided to meet with the prior owner.  Two months later I picked up the equipment and a week after that I took to the air for the first time ever as the lead announcer of Free Range Sports.

Since then we have covered 10-15 events this Spring, picked up one sponsor and inquired at around 100, been all over the Northland as far west as Deer River and as far south as Esko.  Some of the games we have covered have been over within an hour or in just over an hour.  Others have seen us over the airwaves for over two hours.  It can really be a wide variety when you don't know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing teams.

We've had some struggles too.  Low internet signal, poor equipment connections at times, showing up after the track meet has already started, etc... but we've overcame those problems.  It's always a matter of just how positive you can be in order to overcome those problems.

It's been a blast so far, and I'd just like to thank everyone who's tuned in at one time or another, provided support or left some type of comment or spoken with me about our broadcasts.  I've enjoyed talking with all of you about everything!  I can't wait for the Fall 2015 Sports Season.

Upcoming Events & Ways You Can Pitch In

  • Our last game of the season airs tonight at 7:30pm.  There may be some type of sentimental thing attached to the end of the program. 
  • We will be airing a coaches/players interview show the week of June 22nd.  Stay tuned for more information. 
  • We need people to record commercials and help us record our theme song.  If you're good with either of these and have recording equipment and know how to send off audio files in an email let me know and I'll shoot you a script and some kind of a tune for our theme song. 
Thanks for reading and see you tonight! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?