2014 In Review: Music

Another year in good, meh, and horrible music has come and gone.  Being a DJ and having a lot of preferences to genre I generally listen to and enjoy a lot of music.  Of course there's always songs that don't catch my eye right away, or songs that I hate right smack out of the starting gate.  And so, with that being said we have three Top 10's today, one each for the best, mediocre, and worst songs of the year.  These go in no particular order.

The 10 Worst Songs of 2014
  • Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX: Fancy 
  • Iggy Azalea & Rita Ora: Black Widow 
  • Ariana Grande: Break Free
  • Ariana Grande: Love Me Harder
  • Brett Eldredge: Beat of the Music- An interesting choice really, as this just won the country countdown's top spot for the year as a whole.
  • Frankie Ballard: Sunshine & Whiskey
  • Jesse J, Ariana Grande, & Nicki Minaj: Bang Bang!
  • Jeremiah feat. YG: Don't Tell Em' 
  • Christina Perri: Human
  • Pharrell Williams: Happy.  Oh the rants I could go on about this song!  Whenever it comes on in the car my sister and I change the station, whereas my mother refuses to change it. 

My 10 Favorite Mediocre Songs From 2014
These songs were a pain when they came on the radio at first, then I warmed up to them.

  • Katy Perry: This Is How We Do 
  • Iggy Azalea feat. MO: Beg For It 
  • The Swan Brothers: Later On 
  • Florida Georgia Line feat. Luke Bryan: This Is How We Roll 
  • Eric Church: Give Me Back My Hometown
  • Ariana Grande feat. Iggy Azalea: Problem 
  • Charli XCX: Boom Clap
  • Florida Georgia Line: Stay 
  • Tyler Farr: Whiskey In My Water
  • Taylor Swift: Shake It Off 

The 10 Best Songs of 2014

  • Justin Timberlake: Not A Bad Thing  
  • Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars: Uptown Funk
  • Dierks Bentley: Drunk On A Plane
  • Kenny Chesney: American Kids
  • G.R.L.: Ugly Heart
  • Lee Brice: I Don't Dance.  This song will be played at my wedding one way or another someday.  It's just such a sweet song with a soft rhythm. 
  • Blake Shelton feat. Gwen Sebastian: My Eyes 
  • George Strait: I Got A Car. 
  • A Great Big World: Say Something
  • Daughtry: Waiting For Superman 
And there you have it, the best, the so-so, and worst of this year in music.  As you can tell I mainly listen to country and pop-rock songs when I have the chance. 

What were your favorite songs from the year that's about to fly away from us?  Sound off in the comments my friends! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?