Drumming

I am a drummer.  Not necessarily a professional one as there's still lots of practice I can get, but I am quite a bit better than what I sounded like around say... 4 years ago when I started dinking around with them in 2010 at my school, and of course way better than when I got my first set from First Act as a Christmas present from my parents in 2004 or 2005. 

It's like a transformation going from a kit that can only make 8 sounds or so to one that can easily make 200+ I've had this kit for about a year now, and I'm loving it! 
Some of you may ask why I chose the drums over something more conventional like piano or guitar. The reason being I just enjoy all the different sounds drums make because you can play at different speeds and with many different methods.  

Of course most of you haven't seen me drum ever, and that's because of a few reasons


  1. I usually played other percussion instruments at school concerts due to the fact that the other percussionist knew quite a bit more than I did at the time
  2. I haven't been in Band class since my 8th grade year, and I'm now a Junior. 
  3. Storybook Lodge doesn't allow drums, and I don't know the reason why.  However since I now have an electric drum kit and all electronic instruments have to be okayed by the Director, I'd really not like to have to go through that process. But hey, you never know 
So anyways, I hope to continue to improve quite a bit over the years to come, and then be able to display my talent in public in future years.  But for now, I guess I'll just keep hitting away! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?