A Scented Home

Last Fall, I decided to pick up a wax warmer for the heck of it, and picked up some scents that truly reminded me of home, one of them being Fall Leaves.  Yes, we do have Fall Leaves here in Fargo-Moorhead, but you don't really get the authentic outdoor scent that you get back where I'm from in Northeastern Minnesota.  I came home and plugged it in and turned it on for the first time, and it was wonderful.  It was so nice to be able to smell the scents that reminded me of back home while watching television, playing the drums, or even working on homework (I did all three of these in my bed room at that time), and the calming effect was definitely there.

Per this article from Happy Wax, there are many reasons you could choose to melt wax in a wax warmer over burning candles.  For example, it's cheaper.  At Walmart, I am able to pick up a package of wax melts for anywhere from $0.93 to $3 depending on the brand.  At that price, you can truly choose any scent that stands out to you (most of mine involve lakes and woods), and burn them for a few hours a day or week before turning your warmer off (mine shuts of automatically) or just leaving it on until you're ready to change the scent.   Basically, the options are endless.

Furthermore, melting wax has a smaller fire risk than burning regular candles.  The risk of having a fire from burning candles in the home is rising, and we don't want it to keep rising.  Wax cubes are slightly safer in this regard.  Don't let your home go ablaze.

Wax melts also don't release the harmful pollutant-filled chemicals that a regular candle does.  Each regular candle contains paraffin, which can have similar effects to smoking a cigarette.  Other toxic products in the candles are benzene and tuolene.  I had no idea those were in candles until I looked at this article just a little bit ago.  Basically, burning a candle could possibly put your health at risk.  Of course, this does seem like a small reason to stop burning candles and switch to wax melts, but think about it for a bit maybe. 

And here's probably the best part about using wax melts.  They produce more of a "fragrance load" than regular candles.  So you're actually spending less money while getting more of a scent for the enjoyment of you and your family.  Easy on the pocketbook is always a big plus in my mind, so why not keep it that way?  And as stated previously, wax melts have multiple different scents that only cost anywhere from one to three dollars, so you'll never break the bank with these. 

If you haven't guessed already, I really do love wax melts.  They make my home more comfortable to be in, they soothe me a little in times of mental strife, and they just smell really good overall.  I really enjoy being able to come home every day and turn on my wax warmer for a bit as I unwind.  I recommend it as something to possibly put on your shopping lists next time you head to the store, and I hope you enjoy the warmer and the wax!

Do you have any favorite scents to melt in a wax warmer?  Sound off in the comments friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?