Christmas When I Was Little

For the last Christmas post on my blog this year, I thought I would share with you what Christmas was like when I was a youngin.  As a visual aid I am using some recent pictures I created for my Spanish book "Cuando Era Nina".  Enjoy the story of Christmas when I was little

Snow was always fascinating when I was little.  At that point when I never had to do any shoveling it was just magical white stuff that was fun to play in.  No comments about the snowmen that's two stories tall he was the first thing to be put in the picture, while the house and snowflakes followed.

Sledding was fun when I was about six or seven years old.  With enough velocity we could sometimes get all the way to the other side of the large skating rink my father would clear off.

We often tried (and failed) to make snow angels.


Lydia and I would always compete to see who could make the bigger snowman.  Again I notice I don't have much sight for drawing things to scale these days lol.


After playing outside in the snow we would always come inside to drink hot chocolate.  I always despised hot chocolate and still do for that matter, so I drink water, and gallons of it.

Santa Claus was always "watching us extra careful" during the Christmas season.

My neighbors always put up the best Christmas lights that were so much fun to go and look at over the years!  These days most of the neighbors aren't around as much anymore or their kids have moved away so they don't do much anymore.  Nothing was ever on the scale of  The Great Christmas Light Fight but it was always cool to look at the stuff.

Presents were always fun!  I remember when I got my first drumset in 2004. I loved that thing and I love my electric kit that I have now!

I was always sad when Christmas was over, but there was plenty of snow to keep me busy.


And that was Christmas when I was little.  Thanks all for another year of your continued readership!  Stay tuned for my best of the best posts sometime next week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?