One thing I love a lot is music! So, here are two videos from Jr. High Camp at SBL this year and one from Teen Camp last year. I'll get more long-winded when I write my 100th post. Happy watching!
I just finished two straight weeks of camp counseling. There was another one before the two but I was home over the 4th of July week so I had a break. There are many things you can learn from counseling, and I've listed out below some of the main things I learned this year. Giving a devotional is not so hard if you prepare beforehand It's usually a bad sign when dogs reek of compost Don't change yourself for other people. Live proudly. It's best to practice telling your personal testimony on your own before sharing it with an audience. I can swim a kayak back to camp from a thousand yards away Always untangle the ropes of the flagpole before flag raising Know more things about nature before leading a "nature walk" Jr. High age campers need close guarding My announcing skills can be put to use in more places besides on the job and at school. A guy can make girls cry through poetry. Goodbyes can be both happy and sad. I met a lot of new peop...
Well we're nearing the true Holiday season with Thanksgiving in 10 days (yee yee), followed by Trampling Everybody Around You Day ( or as the retail world calls it "Black Friday" ), and then Small Business Saturday. After that it's officially Christmas time, and oh the wonderful, sometimes almost magical things that happen between December 1st and 25th. Lights, decorations, happy people, delicious food. It's all so amazing that seemingly for this time of the year most or all of the world can come together. The 2014 Holiday Season looks to be quite interesting in terms of new movies opening. Here are the ones that look interesting to me. Release dates are noted as some have come out already. The Theory Of Everything (11/7) This film stars Eddie Redmayne as the great scientist Stephen Hawking. The film mostly compiles the courtship of Hawking and his first wife Jane while also giving quite the accurate description of Hawking slowly losing mobility and...
It was a few weeks ago that a friend of mine turned to me and said "Rollie, you're an old soul." Realizing that he was probably right but still in denial myself, I asked some of my closer friends this question, and the answer they gave was also "Yes". Now that I feel older than I really am (21), I start to realize some things, and I'd like to point those out while also doing some internet research on this ideal, because even little things like this are things I feel should be fact based, and not just solely on my opinions. The first thing I wanted to find out was what it actually meant to be an old soul, so I turned to the internet, which I know you can't believe everything you read on there, but I feel this article from the website Psychic Today at least gets us a basic description of what it means to be an old soul. Per the article, "Most old souls feel a certain disconnect from the Earth, and most are inherently aware that they a...
Comments
Post a Comment