SBL 2015 Through Pictures

Hello to all!  I apologize for the long wait in between posts that has happened once again. I hope to put out a few more posts before the school year begins. 

Anyways, the last two weeks I have been out at Story Book Lodge in Biwabik for some more counseling.  Unfortunately I did not get the time off from work to go as a camper this year, but I have really come to enjoy staffing anyways and it's now what I've gotten used to doing there.  Maybe next year I'll try again and see what I can get :).  It was a busy two weeks, and I didn't take very many pictures this year sadly, but there are just a few I would like to share with you that I really enjoy. Here we go! 

Most of my cabin from Junior High on fancy dress night.  They were a fun bunch, and they had some pretty interesting morph suits too!  Some of them want to be counselors in the future....... 

My bro Elijah!  He has a cool hairdoo, and is not afraid to say what's on his mind or act really crazy. Most days you could hear him running around camp yelling "FOR NARNIA!"  Like me (that is if I feel comfortable to do it around you) he will use accents and what not to spice up his conversations.  Keep on keeping on Elijah!  Stay awesome!

 9/13 of the cabin plus Alan and I on dress up nice night.  Unfortunately Jordan and 3/4 kids weren't around to take the picture, and another kid had stepped behind someone's head and I didn't notice till later that night, but that's alright.  Everyone is in at least one picture from this week. 

 My favorite game to play at Jr. High Camp is Camper vs. Staffer Softball.  Here we are playing it!  No sooner had I put the camera away that a ball came my way, and I completely missed it.  Oh well, playing softball at camp is awesome because you can play no matter what your skill level.  It's great! 


 One of my favorite things to do is to write the sports report.  For Jr. High I did it for Ultimate Frisbee, and did an ok job.  At 3rd Junior I did it for Ultimate Ball, and joined in on giving the sports new nationalities and sometimes names.  It was an awesome week, as Chinese Cricket became Italian Inchworm, and Ultimate Ball became Scottish Haggis Toss.  I give props to my friend Lizzy and her partner in crime Alexis for starting this off, and I hope it continues for years to come! 

 After hearing about him for a few years, I finally got to see Dave King speak this week.  He's pretty interesting and has a lot of great things to say.  He also has a ventriloquist dummy named Homer, whom he uses to point out that only living breathing humans can be saved by Christ.  It's also just a really cool way to interact with the kids!  

 Tim McNeal has been one of my favorite speakers in recent years.  Tim uses chalk talks to convey his messages with ease to the campers, and this salvation target is just one of the many beautiful pictures he made in chapel this week.  The best part about this one is that it helps kids and adults easily identify with where they are in their spiritual journeys.  Campers get to take them home too if they are identified as the camper in the "quiet seat".  I loved seeing the looks of joy on camper's faces as they found out they were the ones to get to take a painting home. 

 The 3rd Junior kitchen staff  decorated the dining hall for dress up nice night.  Awesome job guys, and thanks to all who work in the kitchen over the Summer for making some of the best food ever for all of the campers and staff! 

It's never  a goodbye it's a see you later! :)

It was so much fun being able to see everyone again, and I already can't wait for next year!  Being here is always so much fun, and I'm blessed to live so close to this wonderful camp!  Hope to see you all soon! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?