Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner: My Opinion

DISCLAIMER

The following post is about a very controversial subject that has made headlines around the country in magazines and on television far too many times to count over the past few months.  I'm talking about Bruce Jenner's gender change surgery from male to female and his new name of Caitlyn. You may not agree with the stance taken by me in this blog post, and/or find my tone too harsh or too soft.  I ask that all comments are constructive and refrain from vulgarity and harshness. I always respond to your comments if they are left and love getting back to you all.  Lastly, I ask that you read with caution and discretion.  Happy Reading! ~ DJ Rollie D

A few months ago or some time last year Kris and Bruce Jenner announced their divorce.  Since then, Bruce has taken a path that some see as courageous and others see as disgraceful.  In March, reports surfaced that Bruce was becoming a woman, having began to wear female clothing and jewelry as well as growing out his hair.  In April he announced that he liked to be called "Belinda" and started to look and dress like a woman.  Now he has had the official surgeries and considers himself female, giving himself the new name "Caitlyn" in a Vanity Fair issue released last week.  I'm not going to post the cover because I do not want to view it each time I open my blog. To me it is that horrifying. 
I never got why people saw gender change surgeries and processes as something newsworthy.  In the last few months, I have heard the phrase "Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner" more than "ISIS", "Ebola", or "US Debt Problem".  I see this as a very bad sign.  A former Olympic Athlete decides to become a woman and that somehow grants him constant coverage and an hour long 20/20 episode that brings Diane Sawyer out of retirement and pulls in the biggest ratings ever on Fridays for ABC in five years? What has this country come to? We have all these issues going on in the world that myself and the generations after me and my friends will have to deal with, and so many other programs we could be tuning in to, and we decide to watch an interview about how Bruce Jenner decided to get to know his inner woman. We are nuts!  It's all Bruce Jenner this and Bruce Jenner that!  Why? 

And now that Vanity Fair did a photo shoot with him, it's all over the news.  Why must we discuss everything about the new look of Bruce Jenner?  Why does this take center stage?  Why is this magazine cover so mortifying?  I am so glad it's off my news feed on Facebook now. I was mortified when I first saw it.  It was like "What the heck is this?!" Then I recognized the face..... 

Honestly, I could care less about the fact that Bruce Jenner is now female.  Yes it takes courage to do something like this and admit it to the general public, but why does that alone deserve him massive media coverage?  We should be focusing on something else!  I'm not sure what the Bible says about gender changes, but in my opinion it goes against my beliefs.  This is something people should NOT be able to do and shouldn't even be thinking about in the first place.  Our thoughts should be focused on purer things, not the ever so horribly impure things like "I wonder if I'm more female than I am male?". I mean, come on! 

Jenner is winning the Arthur Ashe Courage Award this Summer/Fall at the EPSY Awards.  Just another sign of how misguided we can be sometimes. 

On the basis of discrimination, I'm sure there will be some in store for Jenner.  Would I discriminate? Absolutely not as that goes against what I stand for as well!  We are all equal regardless of race, orientation, handicaps, etc... but that doesn't mean I have to see his transition as something good.  

This drives me crazy to the hilt.  I can't wait until the media coverage subsides so I can go back to hearing about stuff I actually care about.  As a matter of fact, celebrity news in general is a bunch of gossip and lies.  Yeeesh! 

What are your opinions on Bruce Jenner's recent transition?  Do you see as a bold step in his life or as a publicity stunt?  Sound off in the comments! 

Comments

  1. You are right on Rollie.....total media brainwashing....we have way more other issues that should be headline news. A 65 year old grandpa who now looks like like a 40 year old model? Really?? Yikes, your generation will be seeing lots of scary things. I am glad I am old and on the down swing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Palogirl! I will agree that the transition has made him look a lot younger and that it's quite possibly all downhill from here with what we will see in the future.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COMM110 Speeches - Fall 2016

A Post About Snow

TikTok: Why.... Just Why?